Microsoft Project gives you robust project management tools with the right blend of usability, power, and flexibility, so you can manage projects more efficiently and effectively. Microsoft Project lets you easily plan projects, effectively manage resources and collaborate with others.
Microsoft Project 2016, the newest version, has all the functionality and features you’re used to with some enhancements and new features including more flexible timelines, better control over resource scheduling, Tell Me, and new themes.
Mastering Microsoft Project 2016 (3 days)
This three-day, instructor-led course is intended for individuals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Microsoft Project. The course begins with the basic concepts and leads students through all the functions they’ll need to plan and manage a small to medium-size project, including how to level resources and capture both cost and schedule progress.
This course will also help students prepare for Microsoft Project Exam 74-343 Managing Projects with Microsoft Project.
This course is intended for both novice and experienced project managers, managers, schedulers, and other project stake holders who need to incorporate the discipline of project management with Microsoft Project 2016.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Microsoft Project 2016.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify Task Types & Relationships.
- Define Resources within Project.
- Make Work Package Estimates.
- Create an Initial Schedule.
- Create a Resource Leveled Schedule.
- Create Projects from templates, Excel files.
- Create Global templates.
- Create formulas and graphical indicators.
- The steps to record a macro.
- Format Output and Print Reports.
- Integrate Multiple Projects.
- Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method.
- Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Be able to create a master project list with shared resources.
Course Date: July 19-21, 2017
Course Fee: $1,440.00 plus 5% GST
Additional Training Offer: Effective Presentation Skills (1 day)
Without a dynamic and coherent presentation, even stellar ideas can fail to convince your audience. In this course, you will learn active listening skills to facilitate the exchange of ideas in meetings and presentations. You will also organize your ideas to create coherent and convincing oral presentations, while also utilizing available visual aids and using public-speaking techniques to strengthen your delivery. You will also prepare strategies for business meetings and learn to conduct meetings efficiently.
Course Date: October 18, 2017
Course Fee: $445.00 plus 5% GST